Hard road ahead

In 1851, gold was discovered in Australia, which began something called the gold rush. Because of the gold rush people came from across the seas from China, Ireland, Italy and America to find that gold. Some of them failed to find gold, others found gold straight away.

But while the men were looking for the gold the police department made a new law that now you had to have a license to find gold. Which was not a good thing. There was chaos, which meant most of the people stopped looking for the gold, some people even left the gold fields because there was chaos.

But one night in 1854, there was a poster that said “come to Bakery Hill”. This is what it looked like. Have a look…

On bakery hill there was a crowd of people yelling. People also burned their licenses. One guy stood up on a rock and shouted “liberty”. Then they raised a flag with a symbol called… the Eureka Stockade.

Now, we’re done on the history part. Let’s get on to the diorama part. So I had a partner named Millie, she was a nice partner. We and the class built a diorama of Sovereign Hill, which is where the goldfields were. Millie and I built the United States Hotel. It took us a long time to build it. But we finished it. I used my imagination to help Millie design the hotel. I used my knowledge and researched what the hotel looked like. I showed courage in using new ideas and strategies. This is what it looks like…